If you want to make millions of dollars a year, becoming a NFL quarterback is one way to do it. The salaries keep getting higher, and this year’s highest-paid quarterbacks are banking a lot of cash.
It makes sense, of course. The quarterback is the heart and focal point of a team’s offense. More often than not, having a good or mediocre quarterback can make or break a team.
So, who is the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL for 2023? At first, it seemed like Jalen Hurts was going to take that honor. He was the highest paid player in the NFL for a short time. But, then Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson reportedly signed a record-breaking extension for a five-year deal for $260 million, making him the highest paid player ever in the NFL. Other ton earners include Aaron Rodgers, Kyler Murray, Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.
Honestly, I’m surprised by Mahomes. He has won the Chiefs not one but two Super Bowls. You would think that by now, he might be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL. Still, he’s taking in $45 million a year, so that’s a very impressive number. Also, it’s worth noting that Mahomes signed a major, 10-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2020, so at the time, that was a record-breaking amount of cash. The price of a good quarterback has just gone up over the past few years, so that’s why he’s not at No. 1 anymore.
Top 15 Highest-Paid Quarterbacks in the NFL for 2023:
1. Lamar Jackson, Ravens: $52 million
2. Jalen Hurts, Eagles: $51 million
3. Aaron Rodgers, Packers: $50.3 million
4. Russell Wilson, Broncos: $48.5 million
5. Kyler Murray, Cardinals: $46.1 million
6. Deshaun Watson, Browns: $46 million
7. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs: $45 million
8. Josh Allen, Bills: $43 million
T-9. Matthew Stafford, Rams: $40 million
T-9. Dak Prescott, Cowboys: $40 million
T-9. Daniel Jones, Giants: $40 million
12. Derek Carr, Saints: $37.5 million
13. Kirk Cousins, Vikings: $35 million
14. Jared Goff, Lions: $33.5 million
15. Ryan Tannehill, Titans: $29.5 million